Thursday, December 9, 2010

Neely's Sauteed Onions


While I am far from the first person who has ever sauteed onions, I put my name before this recipe because I have never looked up a recipe for sauteing anything. In fact, in response to my new diet and my craving for roasted veggies, I experimented with this tonight. It turned out wonderfully! It always amuses me that I can cook and bake the most intricate things, but the simple stuff is what I never do. It's time to do something about that!

1 large onion
2 tbsp olive oil
salt (I prefer coarse kosher salt for this)

Place 1 tbsp olive oil in saucepan and warm on medium heat. Add salt to oil. Chop onion into sections, the size of which is your choice. Place them in pan. Drizzle other tbsp olive oil on top of onions. Add more salt. Saute in pan, flipping occasionally, until onions get soft and turn a light brown. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment